All ‘flan’ product is skillfully designed for multi-use and is expertly crafted by artisans using high quality,
lasting materials such as gold vermeil and sterling silver.
This care guide will help you maintain your jewelry to ensure its longevity.
Our gold-plated item is made by electroplating 14k/16k/18k gold onto durable brass and silver.
Gold-plated jewelry requires extra care so we encourage you to follow these simple instructions
to get the most wear out of your gold-plated pieces.
The nature of gold-plating means you need to take extra care when wearing
gold-plated jewelry. It is important to remember that all metal is susceptible to
natural wear and will eventually oxidize, fade, or require expert maintenance in its lifetime.
· Remove your jewelry when exercising, washing your hands, showering, swimming, or doing anything that involves moisture. Contact with liquid may cause oxidization or discoloration. In other words when there’s liquid there should be no wear.
· Ensure your hands are clean and dry when handling all gold-plated jewelry.
· Cleaning your gold-plated jewelry regularly will increase the lifespan of your piece. Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaners that are not specifically made for gold-plated jewelry.
· Use a cleaning solution, warm water, and a soft cloth to clean your gold-plated items. We don’t recommend using a microfiber or cotton cloth to clean your gold-plated jewelry as this may strip away the plating. Do not apply a lot of pressure when rubbing, be gentle and ensure that your jewelry is completely dry if you have used a liquid to clean it.
· Keep away from perfume, cosmetics and body and hair sprays.
· Store your jewelry in a secure pouch, box, or air-tight container out of direct sunlight and away from heat.
· Take extra care of your gemstones, they may chip or become dislodged if dropped or improperly stored.